Vaccination certificates

COVID-19 - 26 October 2022

For student-athletes, having a vaccination certificate is necessary to travel to America. In most cases, Dutch residents can easily retrieve it in the CoronaCheck-app, but some situations differ. We have been informed by the central government and provide answers to several possible scenarios.

So do you recognize yourself in any of the situations below? Then quickly read matching answers.

1. I was vaccinated abroad and was not given a vaccination certificate there.

If you are an EU citizen vaccinated within the European Union, you have the right to a DCC from the country in which you were vaccinated.

But have you been vaccinated outside the EU? And you don’t have proof of that? Then you cannot apply for a vaccination certificate in the Netherlands. You can get a “corona proof” in the form of a test or a recovery certificate, however, this is not sufficient to travel to the United States.

2. I am fully vaccinated in a non-EU country (such as America)

Are you Dutch or living in the Netherlands? And have you been fully vaccinated in a country outside the EU? Then you can have your vaccination registered in the Netherlands. This way you can get a corona certificate for your foreign vaccination that is valid in the Netherlands and the European Union. You can then upload. this corona certificate in coronacheck.

You can make an appointment for this by calling 030 – 8002899. There are counters in Utrecht, Groningen, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Enschede. You will receive the address in the appointment confirmation. For this appointment you need to bring the following documents:

  • Id. The information on the ID must be the same as the information on the vaccination certificate.
  • A piece of evidence that has your BSN number on it. This is not necessary if your BSN number is on the ID.
  • The vaccination certificate you received in the country where you received the vaccination. The vaccination certificate must meet the requirements for vaccination certificates.

3. The country where I live does not recognize my vaccination (with EMA-approved vaccine).

Dutch vaccination recognized in all EU countries

All EU countries must accept vaccines approved by the EMA. Even if an EU country has not used that vaccine itself.

Recognition of vaccination in non-EU country

The Netherlands has no influence on the requirements of non-EU countries for vaccinations and vaccination certificates.

4. I got a first shot in another country.

Did you get your 1st shot in another country? Then you can get your 2nd shot in the Netherlands if you live in the Netherlands or have Dutch nationality. You can tell the GGD that you had your first shot abroad. You can then pick up your vaccination certificate via CoronaCheck.

5. I got the first prick in the Netherlands and the second one abroad.

Did you receive your 2nd shot outside the EU? Then it is not yet possible to make a corona proof in the CoronaCheck with a registered foreign vaccination. Did you receive your 2nd shot within the EU? Then the country that vaccinated you will give you a corona certificate (Digital Corona Certificate).

6. I have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine not approved by EMA.

You cannot then create a vaccination certificate using the CoronaCheck app or website if you have been vaccinated with an unapproved vaccine. You can contact GGD Medical Information Line Vaccination: 088 767 40 80. The medical advisors will inform you whether you are eligible for additional vaccination. And make sure you can then make an appointment immediately.

Did this FAQ still not answer your question? Then check the central government website again or contact us.

"*" indicates required fields

× Hoe kan ik je helpen?