More than 900 universities in the US offer scholarships for American Football players that would like to play college football and earn a university degree. College football is the best way to become a better football player, develop yourself physically and mentally, to grow an international network of friends and to develop yourself to your full potential. In addition, you will earn a respected university degree that will serve as the foundation for a successful career.
For many players, college football is the perfect way to become a professional player in the NFL.
How does college football work?
College football is much different from “regular” football, which obviously is a huge sport in the USA. The differences between college football and NFL football are very large.
On average, a college football team consists of approximately 100 players. In addition, there is a coaching staff with 10-20 coaches, physical therapists and more, all working on one job: improving the team. Teams compete against other universities in conferences. The ultimate goal? Winning the conference! Winning the conference means your team qualifies for the national NCAA championships, where the best teams in the US compete for the national title.
A typical game day in college football is a huge party for students. Aside from the game itself, many activities are hosted in all kinds of forms, and loads of fans and families show up at the stadiums to cheer on their favorite teams. A game is played in 4 different “quarters”. The rules are similar to the rules in the NFL.
College Football fun & facts
Did you know that..
- College Football has more fans than the NFL?
- There are multiple college football stadiums seating over 100,000 fans?
- The average revenues for a university on “game day” are approximately $15 million?
- A large number of college football players get drafted to big contracts with NFL teams?
- Most college football players are nationally recognized super stars, often contracting large sponsorship deals after college?
- We believe that you should have seen at least one college football game in your life to really understand what the stadium experience is all about?
- Yearly competitions are set up for girls wanting to become cheerleaders for the college football teams?